Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Our new, much needed TV stand

A few months ago Justin and I went to Country Originals just to see what it as all about. A friend of ours told us about this place so we wanted to go check it out. We were not looking for anything in particular that day, just window shopping. However, when stumbled across this beautiful piece of furniture that you see below.



We wanted to get a new TV stand, but had not really found anything. We were using Justin's old TV stand that he got his junior year of college, and it was kind of on it's last leg.

Justin was the one who spotted it first, and when he showed it to me I knew that it would be perfect in our living room. After looking the piece over we found the price...it was more than we wanted to spend but we both really loved it. It was in a separate room on the second floor so I thought that maybe it was on sale and the price marked was wrong.

We asked a lady that worked at the story and she told us that the price was marked correctly. This was a little disappointing, but because of our hesitations she quickly said, "I can take $100 off." I was trying to play it cool and just looked at Justin for guidance. We told her that we needed to think about just a little more. Getting $100 off was great but really wanted to get a little more off. So Justin and I talked about it and came up with a plan.

We knew how much we would be willing to pay for the piece so we offered a price a little lower than that. Our hope was that we could make a deal, or that she would just take it. She didn't take it, but she did come down another $50. It was the right price, so we bought it.

We loved the piece just as it was but thought we would change the knobs to add a little color. We found just what we were looking for at Anthropologie.


All our DVD's and games fix nicely in the drawers. I really like that everything has its place. You can still see the cable box and our gaming stuff but I really can't complain about that.

This piece could stand alone but I did want to add a few things to either side of the TV. I looked around my house because I really didn't want to spend any more money. The pretty green and white vase and flower that was once on the mantel now has a new home next to the TV, as well as this
candle holder I made at one of those paint-your-own-pottery places. As you can see I painted it a speckled green color and had then do an iridescent glaze on it so it added more texture. The green in both the candle, and the flower really do bring out the green color in the furniture itself. It was a very cheap arrangement since I already owned everything.




If you know Justin you know that he is not one to just see something at a store and just get it. So when he said he really liked this TV stand I knew I had to jump on the opportunity!

Check out the before and after pics and tell me what you think.I know it is a very big change.

Before
This is from Justin's college day, scary I know!!
After

2 comments: