Friday, February 25, 2011

Be our Guest

Justin and I have not had a lot of guests come through our house in a while. However, in February we had guests (granted, both were our moms...but they were guests none the less!) on two weekends in a row.

Our guest room is one of the rooms in our home that we have filled with a hodgepodge of furniture and decor to make it functional. It works for us right now and we are happy with the room, but I did want the room to be welcoming to our guests. After a lot of online reading and magazine perusing, I found the perfect idea that would make our guest room just a little more guest-friendly. I created drawer with personal necessities that our guests may have forgotten to pack for themselves.

How many of you have forgotten a toothbrush, deodorant, or some other toiletry item while out of town? Most of the time you don't notice what you forgot until right when you need to use it, like at night or early in the morning - not the best time to run to the store. Well, I saw this idea in a magazine and knew that this is something I wanted to put in our guest room.

I cleaned out the top draw in the small chest we have in the room and put in some organizing trays. I filled the compartments with toiletries and other things our guests might need while visiting. I made a cute little tag to go on the drawer so the guests would know that they were welcome to use anything they might need while staying with us.



Here is a list of everything that we have on hand for our guests.

  • Kleenex
  • Soap
  • Shout wipes
  • Shaving Cream
  • Deodorant
  • Q-tips
  • Nail File
  • Lotion
  • Vaseline
  • Pain meds
  • Mints
  • Chaps Stick
  • Floss
  • Toothbrush and Toothpaste
  • Mouth wash
  • First Aid kit
  • Hair Spray
  • Lint Roller
  • Finger Nail Clippers
  • Wet Wipes
I have already thought of a few somethings that I will need add for our next guest!!



I have also put some of my favorite books on the nightstand and some magazines in a basket next to the bed. One day I would like to have some place to put a carafe of water and some snacks for our guests to munch on when they were at our house.

How do you welcome your guest? I would love to hear your ideas.

1 comment: