Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Another year older

This post is also two months old. Just know I am working hard to get everything updated. It is just taking longer than I wanted it to.

On April 20th my brother, Stan and I celebrated our birthday. Stan and I have never missed being together on our birthday and this year was no exception. Last year Justin and I went and visited Stan in Waco, TX. You can read about that trip here. This year he was able to come here so we could celebrate. He and his girlfriend drove in late Tuesday night before our birthday.

Justin woke me up that morning with two gifts - one an Anthropologie gift card and the other the Michael Jackson Experience Dance game. Justin had to go to work so Stan, his girlfriend and I leisurely got ready played a few rounds of my new game and then met Justin in Jackson for lunch. Stan let me pick the place we would eat lunch and I chose my favorite place, Bon Ami. We spent the rest of the day shopping around and playing the Michael Jackson Experience Dance game. I LOVE it!! That night we cooked dinner and ate at home and Justin went to Newk's and got two pieces of Strawberry cake. It was a great day!


That weekend just so happened to be Easter so Stan and his girlfriend went to my parents the day after our birthday and Justin and I joined them that weekend. We really didn't do much at my parents house just played outside and relaxed.


On Sunday everyone came to my house for Easter lunch. I love having people over and it was fun cook dinner for my family. The sad part was that Stan and his girlfriend left. All in all it was a great birthday week/weekend.

These eggs were dyed by the college students from our college small group. I think they did a great job and they had fun doing it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment