Friday, March 2, 2012

2012 Reading list - January & February

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I love reading. A while back, I even wrote few book reviews but after only two reviews I realized that I love reading books more than I do writing about them.

Still wanting to share the books I have read, I thought instead of writing a review of all the books I read I would post every two months and share all the books I have read during that time. This would not only allow me to share what I'm reading but it will also hold me accountable to read at least 24 books this year.

So this is how it's going to work: Every two months (hopefully) I will post all the books I have read and a few thoughts I had about each book. My goal is only to share what I have been reading, not to sway anyone into or out of reading any book. I know that everyone has different tastes in books so I don't expect everyone to agree with my choice in books.

Here are the four books I have read so far:

Irreplaceable
I got this book a few years ago at the MC Book Bazaar. Click here for see the full list of books I purchased at that book sale. I liked this book for the most part. There was a part in it that I could have done with out, but for the most part it was a good book.


The Graduate
I got this book while on vacation last year. I had been wanting to read it ever since I saw the movie "Rumor Has It." In the movie they referenced the book and many of the characters so I thought it would be a good read. It was an easy read and would be perfect to take to the beach this summer.



The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
This book has been on the best sellers list for a while. It has been on my list for about a year but with over 20 books on my bookshelf I kept putting it off. I finally checked this book out and decided it was time to read it. First, I have to say that this book is a little graphic (not sure I'm going to watch the movie) but has so many twists and
turns. Most books I read are very predictable but this one kept me guessing.




The Christmas Wedding
This was a cute book. I checked this out at the library on a Saturday and finished it the next day. I'm not a fast reader but this book kept me interested. It's about a women who lost her husband three years before and is now ready to get married. She has been asked by three different men to marry them. She decides that she will not tell anyone who she is marrying until she walks down the aisle. I guess I kept reading to find out who she would end up marrying. It was a fun book.




I hope you've enjoyed this post. I'm always open for recommendations. If you have read or are reading a book that you can't put down please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment