Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Explosion 2011

I LOVE Christmas time!! I love that for one month out of the year we take down all our normal home decorations and put a huge tree, decorate it with lights and put lights on the outside of our home. If I had my way, I would decorate my house according to the next holiday all year round. Instead of taking down Christmas stuff and putting up our normal decor, I would be putting up Valentine stuff. Luckily for Justin, our home decor does not follow every seasonal holiday. I do however put up a wreath and maybe a few other things, but nothing to the extent of what we do for Christmas.

I hope you enjoy looking at some of Christmas decor. I know enjoyed putting it up.


One of our projects for 2012 is to update our mantel. I would really love to paint it white and get rid of the brass. I like the brick but it needs little love to make it the focal point of our living room.

I really loved the way my tree turned out this year. After watching numerous videos about how to use deco mesh, I think I finally got it! Our tree was full of red and silver ornaments that coordinated. However, we had three very special ornaments on the tree this year. The first is an ornament we got on our honeymoon in Puerto Rico five years ago. The second is an ornament of the Radio City Rockettes we got on our first anniversary when we went to NYC. The third one is an ornament we got from Paris when we went there last year on a mission trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment