Friday, November 12, 2010

Book Review: Redeeming Love



This is my first book review (well I guess that is what you could call it). So here I go!

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers was one of the 12 books I got at the MC book Bazaar. To read about that click here. It was one of the first books I picked up at the book bazaar. It was also the first of the 12 books I read.

Anytime anyone saw I was reading Redeeming Love they would tell me that it was the best book ever. Friends have encouraged me to read this book for some time, but I had so many other books I wanted to read, plus I didn't have the book. Let me just say that I am not the biggest fan of Christian novels. I think it is because most of them are geared toward teenagers, or the setting is in the early 1900's or late 1800's. I personally like books that are more current, and will keep my attention. If I were completely honest I would say I like "chick books." You know what I am talking about - something set in NYC, or some other major city where the main character faces some big dilemma that always works out for the best. That is not to say I only read chick books, those are just the books that I gravitate toward.

I was a little nervous when I first started reading this book because it is not something I normally read. I knew it had to be good when Christians and non-Christians told me it was a great book.

Redeeming Love is a historical romance novel set in the 1850s Gold Rush in California. The story is inspired by the book of Hosea from the Bible. Its central theme is to portray the redeeming love of God towards sinners.

I will not be giving anything away by saying that we can do nothing that will stop God from wanting to know us as His children. This book took the story of Hosea and made it personal. It tells a story that helps all readers more clearly see how the sin in our lives can keep us from truly knowing the love of Christ.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone wanting a good love story with a deeper meaning behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment