Monday, April 25, 2011

Kitchen Progress-It's coming together!

We are just about done with the kitchen update - boy am I excited!! Hopefully the next post about the kitchen will be the BIG reveal. According to our time line (that I worked so hard on) we should have finished Monday April 18th. Clearly I was wrong. At first I was a little disappointed but now I am okay with it taking a little longer for a few reasons: a) Justin did most of the work all by himself, b) we are only able to work once we get home from work, c) we have a life, d) Justin is being a perfectionist.

Let me give you an example of what our evenings have looked like while we have been working on the kitchen. Normally when we get home form work we rest for about 10 minutes, play with Jack, and make a plan as to what we wanted to get done in the kitchen. Justin starts doing whatever was on the list for the kitchen and I start dinner. I don't want everyone to think that I just sit and watch TV while Justin is working hard painting our cabinets. Okay, let me be honest... the first week I WAS sitting in front of the TV while Justin was working.

Here are a few pictures of the progress we have made.

This is where it starts looking like a real kitchen!



We are now to the point of putting up the cabinet doors which has really motivated us. We should be done with the cabinets in just a few more days but will need to touch up the walls and paint the baseboards and door frames before everything is completely finished.

1 comment:

  1. awesome! It looks great, and I love that you've done it all yourselves!!

    ReplyDelete